Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thank you Kris!




Kris is my sister-in-law. She is married to my brother Chuck. I have known her more than half my life. She is one of the most sincere people I know. Charity is her mantra, she will give and give and never expects anything in return. She will always ask if she help or if she can bring something to a "get together." If a baby is crying, she is the first one to try and calm them down. If I am desperate for a babysitter, she will change her plans to help me out. I will never forget on my wedding day, she flew in with Chuck to surprise me. She walked into my mom's room where I was getting ready, I broke down in tears when I saw her. She said "I couldn't miss this day. I had to be here." She has been such a wonderful friend to me for so many years and I know I haven't thanked her enough for all she has done for me.

When Max was born I went through one of the hardest times of my life, going through the week without Troy (he was out of town on business). I don't know what I would have done without my wonderful support system of my mother, Karen, Kristen, and the rest of my friends and family. The week after Max came home, I think the enormity of the situation, along with extreme hormonal issues hit me all at once. I had a complete breakdown and was sobbing uncontrollably. It was Valentine's Day and I was feeling so overwhelmed. Just then Kris walked in with a casserole dish in her hand. She said "I just wanted to bring you dinner." She saw my face and asked "what's the matter?" I broke down. She hugged me and cried with me until I felt better. I can't even tell you how many times she has laughed with me and cried with me. We have been through so much together. Kris, I just want you to know how much I love you and appreciate you for all you do. You do so much for everyone in our family, tirelessly entertaining the "in-laws" always treating us as if we were anything but "in-laws." You are always running around making sure everyone is having a good time. I don't think I have ever seen you in your own pool! I just wanted you to know I notice. You are an amazing woman and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

1 comment:

Kris and Chuck said...

Lisa, Thanks for all your kind words! I love and admire you so much! You are one of the most amazing people I know. You are so beautiful and talented. You have so many wonderful gifts- the gift to make others feel so good about themselves whenever they're around you, the gift of finding joy in the simple things life has to offer and the gift of gab! These are only a few of the many things about you that I admire! I love your blog, it is so awesome! It makes me happy and envious. Your talents never cease to amaze me. I love you & thanks again for all you do for me! Love, Kris