Saturday, September 6, 2008

Here Comes Fall! The Farmer's Market


Me, Sydney, and the babies met Mom, Jenn, Nate and Logan at the Farmer's Market Labor Day weekend. Although Pioneer Park in downtown Salt Lake is my favorite Farmer's Market, it is a little scary! It is an adventure hanging out with all the transients, fighting downtown traffic, and finding parking. If you are planning on actually purchasing produce, you go to the "other" Farmer's Market on the safe side of town, but if you want an experience in diversity and ambience you come here! It's always fun with my family.






Murray Park is much safer if you dare to drive into a "sea of senior citizens." This can actually be scarier than transients. Today we actually bought peaches and berries, so I can make homemade jam. Troy also bought bread and goat cheese. I love to "can" in the fall. I inherited this tradition from my Mom. I remember as a child waking up to the smell of sugar and fruit processing. My mother always canned peaches, pears, apricots, cherries and different kinds of jam. I only attempt one kind of jam and I also can homemade salsa.


It is always so much fun when Daddy comes with us. He really likes it when he gets there, he usually buys more than I do. I truly believe he is a closet chef, a trait he learned from his Dad. His dad Mike is one of the best cooks I have ever met, especially on the grill! After we shopped, we went out to lunch with Mom, Jenn, Kristen, Troy, the babies, and myself. The older girls love to go too but they had plans with their Dad. I will be making jam tomorrow, satisfying the "domestic goddess" part of me.

No comments: