Saturday, October 3, 2009

Eleven Years and Still in Love!




Who would have thought 13 years ago, two people from very different worlds would date, fall in love, get married, and have a family of seven! We have weathered many storms, some a light drizzle to a torrential hurricane but we have always made it through no matter what the odds. Sometimes we have aquired scars and war-wounds, but always together. We have stayed true to our marriage against all odds, but isn't that the promise we make when we say our vows, to love each other in sickness and health...till the end of this life?

"We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness." - Ellen Goodman

It seems as though so many people give up too easily these days, afraid of the committment a marriage can be! Marriage is one of the hardest relationships we will ever be part of. We are constantly tested by finances, parenting differences, and other people giving us advise about how to cope with the person that is supposed to be our best friend and confidant. There have been three people in the last two weeks who I am aware of that are ending their marriages. The most common thread in all these instances is that one of the two "just isn't happy." What a copout! Happiness comes from within. If you are looking to someone else to make you happy, you will never be happy. I always tell my kids "if you take your happiness at the expense of someone else, you will never be happy." I have learned this valuable lesson from watching other people try to walk out of one relationship and into another. Rarely does this work! I feel very blessed to be married to someone who isn't a quitter. Troy and I are both muddling through this life, dealing with whatever is thrown at us, but we are doing it together...and I wouldn't have it any other way! I love you with all my heart, my love. I am so much more committed to you today than I was the first day I met you, we have grown this love! I love you Troy, forever and always!

"There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer, no disease that enough love will not heal, no door that enough love will not bridge, no wall that enough love will not throw down, no sin that enough love will not redeem... It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble, how hopeless the outlook, how muddled the tangle, how great the mistake. A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all. If only you could love enough, you could be the happiest and most powerful being in the world... ~Emmet Fox

No comments: