Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Monday, September 14th was my Mom's birthday so my sister Jenn and I planned an impromptu surprise party for her on Sunday. We had everyone who could make it come down for dinner, cake and ice cream. She thought she was just coming down for dinner, we have her over at least a couple of Sundays a month so I don't think she suspected anything. Even if she wasn't surprised, she didn't ruin it for the rest of us!

I just want my sweet Mother to know how much she is loved. Every one of her eight children would do anything for her which is a tribute to what a wonderful Mother she is. How is it possible to make all of her children feel that they are her favorite and that she would do anything she could for any of us? Quite an accomplishment considering how many of us there are! She loves us all unconditionally and all the same, and there isn't one of us that would question how she feels about us, she extends this love to our families as well.

Troy has told me several times that he would do anything for her because she has always been there for him and supported him no matter what! He adores her and for him to feel this way about my mother, means everything to me.

Thank you Mom for everything you do and everything you are. You are such an example to me in everything you do and everything you say. People always wonder where I get my strength, I just want everyone to know I get it from you! You have so much faith, you are always grace under pressure, with nothing but nice things to say about everyone! You are truly an angel and a wonderful roll model for me and all of us. Your kids love you, their spouses love you, and all of your grand babies love you! You mean everything to me, I hope you had a fabulous birthday!





2 comments:

Vicky said...

That's beautiful! Sounds like a fun surprise. She's so cute, and I am sure many of those wonderful things that makes "you" you got from her : ) happy birthday to your Mom!

Carrie Goodman Miakashi said...

Naomi,
Happy belated birthday! So sorry that I missed your special day. We love you and have happy memories of great times in your home! Carolyn (Goodman) Miakashi