Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Troy and Lisa - 10 Year Anniversary!!! (Play "It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill)



"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."  - Anonymous


I gave up on fairy tales a long time ago.  There never is a "happily ever after."  Love and marriage is hard work with ups and downs, successes and disappointment.  I heard once, "you don't fall in love, you grow it."  This is a truth that I have learned over years of experience. 

 Troy, when you and I were married 10 years ago, I thought you were the cutest man I had ever known.  You could make me laugh and I just loved being with you, no matter what we were doing.  You were my hope of a "happily ever after."  I remember when you asked me to marry you, I was so excited but so scared.  I had been hurt more than anyone should ever have to experience.  It was a beautiful August night, you took my hands in yours and said, "I want to spend the rest of my life making you as happy as I possibly can."  As I looked into your eyes, I believed in what you were telling me,  I still do.  I know you want more than anything to make my life wonderful.  Life hasn't been easy for us, we struggle in so many ways, but we are so blessed.  We have such a wonderful family!  We have created two of the most precious children together Bella and Max, what a joy they are to us.  These are things that money can't buy.  Money can't make me smile like Max can.  Possessions don't throw their arms around you and tell you they love you like Bella can.  We have so much!  Troy, you have kept your promise to me and you continue to "make me as happy as you possibly can" every day.   I love you more than you will ever know.  Happy Anniversary!!!    

"To laugh often and love much... to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to give one's self... this is to have succeeded." 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Wow! Congratulations! Has it really been ten years?? You two are so perfect together! I love you both so much! Happy anniversary!