Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandpa! (Play music "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts)



The first time I met Mike was the day before Troy and I got married. I was a complete wreck, trying to pull our wedding together and I don't know why, but I chose to work the day before so I was tired and stressed. I had also had some "family issues" that added to the chaos. Needless to say I was a basket case. This, combined with the fact that I was meeting his family for the first time, I really wanted to run! We walked up to the door of his hotel room and knocked, I felt like I was going to pass out. Mike opened the door and walked over to me, grabbed me and gave me the biggest hug and said, "I am so happy to meet you, sweetheart!" At once I loved this man! He has always made me feel like such an important part of his family. Chelsey and Sydney have always called him Grandpa, they feel as though they are his grandchildren. He always shows them so much love, they love him back with all their hearts!

The last time we got off the plane, I couldn't believe my eyes when Bella went right to Grandpa, no hesitation! I think he reminds her of Troy. He is so wonderful with all the kids, they all love spending time with him. After Bella was born, he and Patty flew out and surprised us with a visit. Mike has been out here to see us several times, once for Troy's baptism and even was part of the surprise for Troy's 40th surprise birthday party (what a riot!)

Going to California to see Grandpa and Grandma is always such a treat, Grandpa always goes out of his way to make our visits so much fun! He always has something fabulous planned. The first year we were married the girls and I flew out so they could meet Troy's family. Mike took us all to Disneyland (which he hates), Sea World with everyone else in the family, we had so much fun dining with Shamu! Those were fun times, but we have fun with him even if it's just going to the Spectrum to shop. He hates shopping but he gives the kids "walkin' around money" and shops till they drop! Everything is always about the kids, sometimes I think he is just a kid at heart!


Dad, we just want to tell you how much we love and appreciate you for everything you do and everything you are. We wish we were closer so we could give you a big birthday hug and kiss on your special day. Just know that on October 17th, we will be celebrating your life here in Utah. Our birthday wish for you is good health, a long life, filled with much love and happiness! We love you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



Congratulations Heidi and Eddy!




"Life is a journey, and love is what makes that journey worthwhile."
--Unknown

Wishing we could be there on your wedding day! We would be there if we could, but sometimes life gets in the way. Just know that we love you and wish you all the happiness life can bring! Till we see you again, give yourselves a hug and kiss from the Utah Fishers. Congratulations, we love you both!

No comments: