Saturday, August 22, 2009

A trip to the Cabin



After the wedding we decided we needed a much deserved break. Chuck and Kris were so gracious and let us take Troy's family up to their cabin up above Heber. It is so beautiful up there and their cabin is so warm and homey. The Fisher's loved the beautiful mountains and how quiet and restful it was. It was so nice just being together and getting to spend time just talking and playing games. It was so nice to just be...no makeup, no schedule, no phone! Steve did all the cooking and everything was so delicious. We spent a couple of hours on Saturday sightseeing and strolling down Main Street in Park City, it is so charming there! We thoroughly enjoyed just hanging out and getting to know each other better. I have always loved Troy's family, but after the trip to the cabin I can't think of anyone other than my own family that I would rather spend time with.

When it was time to leave, I think we all felt like we needed more time there. I loved every minute we spent together and can't wait until we see you again. We all love you so much and appreciate everything you did for the wedding. I felt as though when you all walked off the plane that the cavalry had arrived! Thank you for all your hard work and support. Heidi, I don't know what I would have done without you. You got inside my brain and helped me carry everything out. You told me "when you walk into the venue, you are going to be pulled in ten different directions and someone other than you needs to know the vision of what you want." How did you know? It happened just the way you said! You are amazing! You are all my heros. You work until the task gets done and you do it happily! You have no idea how much I appreciate and love all of you. Look at the wedding pictures if you get the chance and see what we all accomplished. I am still getting comments about how beautiful everything was!

I love you all and I am so hopeful that October works out because I cherish every minute that I can spend with you. My fingers are crossed!

2 comments:

Whoop U said...

Nice to see that you can spend some much time with the fisher side of the family. Too back you couldn't put that much effort into the Weber side of the family. Let's see how many time have you been to AZ? NONE!

Vicky said...

Looks like good times, good for you guys! specially after a beautiful wedding... I love the family picture from the wedding, so pretty!!