Saturday, August 22, 2009

Papa's Celebration of Life Party



I can't believe it has been a year since we lost Papa. He was the light of all of our lives and nothing has been quite the same since he passed away. Our trip to California was bittersweet this time because we had just had the wedding and spent several days with the Fishers. It was a treat being able to see our family twice in two weeks, we felt so spoiled! The sad part was that our trip was all about Papa, and his tangible absence. Steve did such a wonderful job reminiscing about Papa, we laughed, we cried, we pondered, we mourned. It was a wonderful day and I was so happy to be a part of it. I am so grateful to my in-laws for who they are and what they bring into my life. Troy and I are really lucky that we both married into such awesome families. I am so blessed.

No comments: