Monday, March 30, 2009

Operation Bridesmaids Dresses!!!



I took Friday, Monday and Tuesday off to tackle the project of making 5 bridesmaid dresses. I had hoped the task would be fairly simple but it was anything but that. I have decided that the people responsible for creating the instructions for the patterns we purchased smoke crack!!! I think my Mom and Jenn would agree. We have adapted these dresses so much from the original pattern, that I am confident in saying they are our own creations! My Mom and Jenn have been my lifesavers through this whole process, spending hours upon hours of their time helping my accomplish this task. My Mom has been by my side from morning till night for the past 5 days, only taking breaks here and there to keep us with sustenance in the form of food and water. I figure Mom and I have both logged about 55 hours over the past 5 days. Jenn has been there for more than half of that. When Mom and I were about tapped, Kris showed up to help out. I am probably the luckiest lady in the world to have been born into the family that I have. They are my salvation!!!

This experience has taught me that I am definitely not a quitter, nor is my Mother.  I know she was tired, sore, and at times frustrated, but she endured it well.  Jenn is our entertainment!  She can make us laugh even when we have "stingers" in our neck, are starving to death, and about ready to drop from exhaustion.  Sydney was with us most of the time, acting as our mannequin and cutting out fabric, also watching Bella who spent several days hanging out with the "girls."  Troy is my rock, holding the fort down at home while I spent endless days at my Mom's sewing.  We are quite the team, all of us.  It is amazing what you can accomplish when you all work together.   Thanks to all who came to my aid, I will never forget what you did for me and Chelsey (its a good thing we all adore her)!  I think everyone will be surprised when they see how beautiful the dresses turned out and how beautiful all our bridesmaids are!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've never been so proud yet so incredibly exhausted in all my life. Actually, child-birth would be #1. Operation Bridesmaid would be #2! Love you guys to death and I better see Sydney wearing her bridesmaid dress at the next Il Divo concert!

Jennifer said...

PS-I would like a copy of those photos. You took so many more than me...so many cute ones of mom!

carol said...

and you did it all without fries and fry sauce - you're my hero!