Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Day!


Thanksgiving is such a fun holiday!  It's all about family and food!  The big day usually starts the day before for Troy and I.  We usually brine our turkey so we have to be ready a day early for the turkey to soak for 24 hours.  We were hosting 18 people this year so we ordered a 26 lb. turkey from Peterson's Market.  When we went to pick it up they had a 30 lb. turkey reserved for us instead.  I don't know if you have ever dealth with that big of a bird, but it is a workout!  We didn't have anything big enough for the turkey to brine in, however Troy discovered that the "Luggable Loo" my Mom gave us for our emergency kits came in very handy!  Although, if we ever have an emergency, we will have to think of something else.  This wouldn't be something with multiple uses, if you get my drift!

Everyone pitched in and cooked so I didn't have too much to overwhelm me.  My only dilemma was fitting 18 people in my house for a sit-down dinner.  I never realized how small my house is until I tried to fit 2 tables in my kitchen/dining/family room area.  Thank heavens for Jenn and Troy, somehow they made it work!  All in all the day was a success!  Everyone had enough to eat and no one got food poisoning!  Hope all of your Thanksgivings were wonderful!

No comments: