Sunday, November 16, 2008

Unhappy Babies!



Max had been miserable for about 4 days, when he finally cut his first tooth on my birthday.   He was really unhappy and continues to be as he has 4 teeth coming in at once.  One down, three to go!  To add insult to injury, he had his well child visit at the pediatrician on the 6th.   Good news--he is healthy as a horse!  He weighs 21 pounds and is 29 1/2 inches long.  This puts him in the 90% of his height, the 50% of his weight and the 85% of his head circumference.  I asked the doctor what this meant and he responded that he just has a big brain!  Good to know!  He is just a big boy.  He does have potential, my dad for those who didn't know him, was 6' 5" tall.  People called him the "gentle giant."  Apparently I didn't take after him, however, Max could take after Grandpa Ken and be a basketball player, or football player, either way a "gentle giant."  

Anyway, back to the story, so not only is he cutting teeth but he had to have 3 shots on Thursday, including the flu shot.  I had Sydney and Bella with me so I thought I would get them for all of them.  Silly me, I have had 3 sick kids for the last week!  Bella and Max were running temperatures of around 104 so it was a little scary for me.  I was up round the clock alternating Tylenol with Motrin, just trying to keep them comfortable.   Luckily Sydney was sick on Monday so she stayed home with the babies so they didn't have to go to daycare.

It is funny how we don't appreciate having good health until we don't have it.  The kids just had the flu and it was so hard to watch them be so miserable.  We are so blessed that this is the only illnesses we have had in our family.  I am so thankful for the beautiful, healthy children that Troy and I have been blessed with.  Life is truly a miracle and we should appreciate it everyday instead of realizing it only when we see others suffering.  There are not too many things more important in this life than good health.  Other stresses never seem as important when someone around us is suffering. 

No comments: