Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rick's Graduation from Brigham Young University



On April 24th I took the day off work to go to my brother Rick's graduation from Brigham Young University. It was quite a struggle for me to be there, I had to reschedule 13 patients, but it was so worth it. Rick and I have been very close ever since he graduated from High School. He had a class at the Sandy Center right by my office so we would have lunch together regularly. He has had a long road in earning his baccalaureate degree and has "paid his dues." I am so proud of him! It brought back memories of my graduation and reminded me of the long hours, endless homework, and sacrifice needed to obtain a degree. It is probably one of the hardest things I have done in my life, but the most rewarding. I know Rick probably feels the same way. We both had a great deal on our "plate" as we pursued our education. It wasn't an easy ride for either of us, but I want Rick to know how proud I am of his accomplishment and I know that he will be successful in anything he does. You are such a strength to me Rick, you have always been such a support to me and my family. I know you have many choices to make right now but just remember one of my favorite quotes:

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

You will always be blessed because you are truly a good person, and you will always be successful in your life because you have so many people who love you.  You are so special to me and I love you with all of my heart!

Congratulations on your success!

1 comment:

Rick said...

It meant a lot that you guys were there. Even though I look/felt like death warmed over, it was worth it. If you get a chance can you email me the pics you have from the graduation? Thanks again for your family's support. Love you guys!